The OLL Malverne track team opening session for grades 4–8 will take place on the track behind the Malverne HS at 6:30 p.m. tomorrow. Grades 4–8 will have sessions on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 6:30 p.m. (HS schedule events and weather permitting.)
General instructions and safety notes:
- Accompany your child to the track. The fields surrounding the track may be, at times, still used by the HS teams.
- Follow the weather closely. If it’s drizzling at 5:30, consider the session canceled. The track would be slippery.
- Have your child eat a light snack no later than 1 1/2 hour before the session. Provide a water bottle.
- Check for proper clothes and shoes. Usually, April is still cold and windy on the open field, so appropriate clothing is necessary—sweat pants, hoodie, windbreaker. Preferably layer lightweight clothes. Jeans, winter boots, cleats, heavy coats are not permitted.
- Avoid dangling earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and pockets stuffed with electronic gadgets.
Facebook users can follow the track updates (and my exercise-related bla, bla) on Jan Kasal Running public fan page (no need to friend me). Twitter users can follow the same @runnersstopjan.
If you have questions, use the Contact tab above. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!